Thursday 16 August 2012

Happy birthday, mum!

Hi all,

I am a few days behind but I would like to wish my mum a wonderful birthday week (her actual birthday having happened on Tuesday) - I hope that all your dreams come true and that you have a fabulous year!
Me and my wonderful mum 

My mum (now being 42 years young) isn't really into celebrating her birthdays so as a family, we took a trip to Tayyabs - one of my parents' favourite places to eat out in. The restaurant is located in Whitechapel (which, since my History GCSE studies, always makes me think of Jack the Ripper) and serves curries and amazing kebabs. According to their menu, the food is Punjabi. All I know is, is that the place never fails to disappoint - the food's absolutely delicious!
The food really does look that good!


If you're looking to have a super-healthy, low calorie meal, this place is probably not for you - a lot of the curries seem to have a lot of oil in them - but as a rare treat, the food is great and the place is very popular and buzzing (it's best to make a reservation, otherwise you might be faced with a long wait). We always eat family style (which is the best) by ordering lots of dishes and sharing it all (perhaps not so great if you have picky friends, though) and as per usual we ordered too much! We took the leftovers home though (it's a great compliment to the restaurant if you have enjoyed your food so much, you want to take it home) which was equally delicious the next day! Also, the place doesn't sell alcohol, but customers are welcome to bring their own. Me and my mum shared a bottle of red wine and drank a lot of water, in an attempt to handle the lamb shish kebabs.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to take any pictures: we were so hungry by the time the food was served that we just dived in! Also, in case you were wondering, I bought my mum (and myself) tickets to see Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House in October, so there will defintiely be a post on that later (I am incredibly excited about that!

Hope you all enjoy your last weekday and enjoy the weekend even more so!


Muah, 


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment