Tuesday 6 August 2013

Domesticated weekend

After a hectic couple of weekends, a busy week and an exhausting, mental Friday, a mellow, relaxed weekend was exactly what I needed and what I got.

I had an early start on Saturday and had a very productive morning. Having sorted out bits and bops around the flat, I headed up to Westfield in Shepherd’s Bush. I managed to control myself and not buy anything at all but spent the day mooching around. Not being used to lazy weekends, I went a bit stir-crazy once I got home. Since I had a bit of a headache and wasn’t feeling great, leaving again wasn’t something I wanted to do so I spent the evening, enjoying movie night with Mark.

I had another productive morning on Sunday, after which I headed up to Clapham, to meet up with my lovely friend Rosie. We spent the afternoon in Birdhouse, over some delicious steak sandwiches and some amazing banana bread for dessert (definitely coming back for the banana bread!) Birdhouse is definitely on my to-visit-again list. The place was so cute with delicious food! Yum! After our long catch-up, I headed back home and had a very domestic evening, making a roast dinner for Mark and Natz, followed by some carrot cake for dessert. It wasn’t the best roast (or cake) that I have ever made but it was great to cook a proper meal again and especially when it wasn’t just for myself.
Overall, another successful weekend has come and gone. Hope everyone has a fab week!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment