Saturday 29 March 2014

Busy in the city

The last week has flown by and without realising, my blogging has taken a back seat.

Last weekend turned out to be a bit intense; on Friday I had a lovely catch up with Rosie with a few cocktails at Covent Garden Cocktail Club, after which we dealt with the munchies at Wagamama. A lie and a run later, on Saturday, I met a new friend, C. The plan was to grab a drink in London and perhaps have a little walk around the city – he’s new to both city and country. It turned out that very little touring of the city was done; instead the afternoon became somewhat of a bar/pub crawl around Covent Garden. It was a lovely afternoon, although I don’t usually start drinking before the sun at least starts going down so I wasn’t completely sober by late afternoon. Afterwards, I met up with Chloe, heading back to the flat where I made a fairly lovely stir-fry , had a couple of drinks  and headed out into Fulham for a night out. The day and night turned out to be a lot of fun but I did suffer (a lot) on the Sunday which turned out to be a bit of a wasted day spent on the sofa with Chloe, watching Sex and the City and eating Domino’s pizza.
The week itself also turned out to be quite hectic. It involved meeting up with C for some burgers and a couple of drinks in Clapham Junction, a work party at the Crypt in Ely Place (an amazing building next to the oldest church in London. We basically stepped back in time into a Medieval Crypt with coble floors and old pillars - not the best combination when wearing heels and drinking champagne) and a trip to “the circus” (or so I was told) which in fact turned out to be a cabaret show at Guanabara. The show was actually really cool and although not something that I have ever been to, it was really entertaining. I would strongly recommend eating before hand though as the main menu was set and very limited. I chose to have a couple of starters which were okay but incredibly greasy and I went home feeling a bit ill.

Apologies for the rushed and very limited round up; I’m suffering from the flu, feeling a little sorry for myself and my brain is a bit of a jumbled mess. A mellow weekend in front of the telly is exactly what I need!
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment